Sunday, May 29, 2011

Shoot-It-Yourself Wedding Video by Andrei Filippov

Disclaimer: The author is a relative, so I'm incredibly biased.

A practical, non-nonsense guide to shooting wedding videos. While I've only been on the other end of a wedding shoot, I can easily see how useful this little handbook would be. It is divided into situations (the bride getting ready, the couple at the altar, etc.) and the author explains concisely all the most important aspects of each of these scenes. These can sometimes be counter-intuitive, especially for a guest who is "in the moment." It's true that what we notice when we are in a situation is not always what will look good on tape 20 years later!

I had the good fortune to have the author himself shooting my wedding and the end product was a classy movie I could send out to all my family members. Andrei Filippov is an artist with the camera and his skill shines through in his writing.

Portions of the guide can also be found on the author's website: FAQ Video.

No comments:

Post a Comment