Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Third Victim by Lisa Gardner

Read: 13 May, 2008

This is your fairly standard mystery genre-fiction piece. Characters are well developed, they have psychologically realistic explanations for all their actions, and they are each unique - but none of them really jump off from the page in the same way that, say, Brother Cadfael does. In other words, they feel real but they aren't particularly memorable.

And that's really all that can be said about the entire book. It's a good book and, as far as genre-fiction goes, I'd say that it's one of the better mysteries I've read to date. It was an enjoyable read, it brought up some interesting ideas, I enjoyed the psychology perspective the author chose, and the subject matter was handled very well. But for all of that, I won't remember the title in a week and I will have forgotten the book entirely in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment